It’s a long way to the top if you want to rock ‘n’ roll. Are these stories about AC/DC before they were rockstars TRUE or FALSE? Leave your answers in the comments!
- Australia’s AC/DC was founded by two Scottish brothers, Angus and Malcolm Young.
- There were nine siblings in the Young family.
- Angus began learning the guitar at five years old, practicing on a banjo he’d re-strung like a guitar.
- Angus’ sister Margaret suggested he wear a school boy uniform on stage, because he didn’t like school.
- Before the uniform became his trademark, Angus performed dressed as Spider Man and in a gorilla costume.
- Margaret also suggested the band’s name, which stands for Alternating Current/Direct Current, after she read it on their sister’s sewing machine.
Can’t get enough AC/DC? Check out Rockabye Baby! Lullaby Renditions of AC/DC.