This sweet and savory veggie recipe has a healthy secret ingredient -- spinach. We won't tell if you won't... (For babies 6 months and up; Yields 15 tablespoons) Ingredients:
- 1 cup fresh or frozen sweet peas
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green beans
- 1 cup baby spinach, packed
- ½ pinch garlic powder (optional)
- Carefully wash all produce. If using fresh beans, snap off the ends. Place beans and peas in a pan with a steamer basket. Add enough water so that it comes just to the bottom of the basket.
- Cover and steam until very tender, about 15 minutes, checking to make sure the water does not run dry. Add spinach and steam for 5 - 8 minutes more.
- Transfer to a blender, adding garlic powder if desired, and reserving the steaming broth for pureeing. Puree vegetables adding broth a little at a time until thinned and smooth. If desired push through a mesh strainer.
- Set aside and cool. Divide into ice cube trays, cover with plastic wrap and freeze.
Recipe created by Executive Chef Jeff Parker