Make naptime EVEN cooler with our DIY Rockabye Baby mobile!
(click to download high res PDF)
- Printer with 8.5” x 11” paper (or card stock, if preferred)
- 1 Rockabye Baby! CD
- Double-sided tape or glue
- Thread or string
- Hanger which the mobile will hang from
- Download/save our image of mobile bears and stars.
- Print sheet out on standard 8.5” x 11” paper.
- Using scissors, cut along edges of bears and stars. When finished cutting, you should have 2 sets of bears and 1 set of stars. Fold each set of bears and stars in half to form a double-sided image for each. Glue or tape flat, and cut or punch a hole in each of the designated hole markings for all 3 images.
- Cut 3 separate strings. Loop one of the strings through one of the images, tie a secure knot and repeat for the other 2 images (you can change the length of each later in step 7). You should now have 2 sets of bears and 1 set of stars with a string attached/tied to each one.
- Cut another string and loop it through the center of your chosen Rockabye Baby CD; tie a knot as you did with the bears and stars. This string will rest in the central upper half of your CD (see photo).
- Take the stars and loop the loose end of the string through the center of your Rockabye Baby CD. The stars/string should now be hanging from the central lower half of your CD (see photo).
- Grab your hanger and Rockabye Baby CD. Tie the top string from your CD at the very center of the hanger for balance. You can adjust the length of the CD string before tying a knot to secure. Your CD should now be hanging from the center of the hanger.
- Repeat the same process for the bears at each of the outer edges of the hanger. Adjust to preferred length and tie knots to secure your bears.
- Hang your mobile. Enjoy!