Rockabye Baby HQ is based in Silver Lake, which is essentially Williamsburg West, or, in short, hipster central. So we know a thing or two what it means to be “with it” — we’re surrounded by cool parents — which is how we came up with this handy list of signs that you’re a hipster parent. Take a look and see how you score on the hipster parent scale.
YOU KNOW YOU'RE A HIPSTER PARENT WHEN...
- You live in Silver Lake or Williamsburg.
- You gave your kid an unconventional name, or if you did give your kid a common name, you spelled it unconventionally.
- You drive a Prius.
- “Organic” is your unspoken middle name.
- You, dear fathers, sport a biblical beard or well-groomed mustache.
- This is where you shop in order of preference: farmers’ markets, Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods.
- You Ergo.
- You’re a mother who breastfeeds proudly in public — with no cover.
- Your kids wear Toms and so did you, before they became trendy. (Now you prefer moccasins.)
- You still have a vinyl collection.
- You or your spouse are or were in a band, filmmaker(s), writer(s) — possibly even all of the above.
- Your or your partner/spouse or both of you have tattoos you don’t regret.
- Your or your partner/spouse or both of you have piercings you don’t regret.
- For your kid, clothing is optional.
- You own at least 3 Rockabye Baby CDs!
How did you score?
If we missed any signs, post below!
If you enjoyed this post, you might also enjoy…