- A galvanized metal washtub - get this at your local hardware store.
- A wooden pole - a broomstick works fine here.
- Two metal washers, two nuts, a large eye screw, and a bolt
- A length of medium-weight rope.
- You'll also need a drill and bit that can get through the metal of the washtub.
Continuing in my quest to make jug band musicians out of each and every kid exposed to this blog, I'm going to follow up my previous post on making a cigar box banjo with something to fill out the low end - a washtub bass. This classic hillbilly instrument is easy to make, fun to play, and makes laundry just a little bit harder to do. You need: