If you follow us on Instagram
, you know we are BIG DONUT PROPONENTS
. Birthdays, Anniversaries, Fridays, days when we’re just here working . . . there is always a reason to have donuts around.
So today, National Donut Day, is a little like a federal holiday for all of us here at Rockabye Baby HQ
, which is exactly why I made donuts. I’ve never tried this recipe before (actually I’ve only made one batch of donuts with my new donut pan) but they turned out great. My donut-loving coworkers seem to enjoy them too.
INGREDIENTS: Lemon Cake - Donuts
INGREDIENTS: Lemon Glaze
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- optional: 1 cup blueberries or 2 tbps poppyseeds
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- optional: 1 tbs lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, butter, milk, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Gently stir the dry into the wet ingredients, and mix just until combined. Stir in blueberries or poppyseeds if using.
- Fill a greased donut pan 3/4 of the way full and bake for about 12 minutes. Let cool slighty before removing from pan and glazing.
- In a small bowl whisk together powdered sugar, lemon juice and zest.
- Dip tops of donuts into glaze, or spoon glaze over each donut.
Find more recipes to try, click HERE